Expertise:Remodeling, Custom Millwork
A U.S. Marine Corps veteran, Rick has spent 40+ years in the residential construction industry. He oversees subcontract relationships, inspects all material for quality, coordinates the trade partners, liaises with inspectors, submits designs for permitting and manages each project end-to-end.
Rick’s interest in custom carpentry, remodeling, and design was forged at age 7 when his grandfather began taking him on jobsites. He later established and led Quality Mark Home Improvements, one of the top remodeling companies in his hometown of Rochester, New York. Quality Mark employed a staff of 33 to deliver custom home remodels, historic renovations, and new builds.
Rick has a natural talent for visualizing the possibilities hiding in any space and matching the build to the client’s needs and personality. A hands-on craftsman, Rick is passionate about creating one-of-a-kind millwork and custom pieces that set an RW Design & Build project apart.
His next mission is to launch a non-profit to help create functional spaces for families struggling under unfortunate circumstances.
Licenses & Awards
- Licensed General Contractor
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People Certification
- Meritorious PFC award, U.S. Marine Corps
- Recognizing outstanding leadership and performance
- Governor’s Award for Best Hiring Practices, New York State
- Recognizing dedication to hiring and training employees with disabilities and disorders